I am transferring in my background knowledge on principles of distance education methods, K-12 education coursework, FERPA, ADA Compliance knowledge, etc. from my M.Ed. I picked a mixture of course subject areas from the offerings of my four comparison schools to fill the gap areas my advisor and I thought I needed to study. These are generic descriptive titles of those courses.
As I locate Open Courseware to meet these subject area goals, I will update this list with the links to the courses.
Can you see any gaps I’ve missed? Do you have any graduate level OCW suggestions to meet the subject area need?
- Foundations in doctoral study
- Current research and practice in information technology/educational technology New Media literacy
- Current research on social systems and educational technology Connectivism and Connected Knowledge
- Current Research into open education current practices, emerging, future Introduction to Open Education along with Social Media and Open Education
- Theory of educational technology Technologies for Creative Learning – MIT
- Adult learning theory
- Diffusion and integration of information/educational technology
- Designing for distance education (including multimedia to facilitate learning) Instructional Design along with Applied Multimedia Technology
- Emerging and future technologies in education Introduction to Emerging Technologies along with Media Education and the Market Place
- Technology leadership Project Management
- Quantitative/qualitative reasoning
- Educational research strategies
- Research design (mixed methods research) Mixed methods Research – PREST
- Statistics Collaborative Statistics
- Survey of research literature in information technology education
- Dissertation research